At Saigon Star, we believe that children succeed when families, schools and communities work together. As such, an active Parent-Teacher Group (PTG) was formed in May 2014.
Each class has a designated Parent Representative who volunteers for a calendar year. Normally, there is one Parent Representative for each year group. Parent Representatives are highly valued members of our school community, their main purpose being to help foster good communication and relationships within the school community.
The role of the Parent Representative can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Meeting on a regular basis with the class teacher e.g. once a term, to develop a positive working relationship and to plan class activities;
- Welcoming new families and assisting them in getting to know other families and to feel part of the school community;
- Promoting good communication between parents and the school;
- Liaising with other Parent Representatives and the Assistant Head Teacher to arrange gifts for National Teachers Day.
- Organising family activities out of school hours. This could be done at least once per term and might include: Mum’s Dinner/Drinks – Dad’s Dinner/Drinks – Children’s Movies – Family Picnics/BBQs – Family Swimming etc.;
- Contributing to the planning, preparation and running of whole school events and activities that benefit the students and families at Saigon Star, as well as the wider community.
- Liaising with other Parent Representatives as and when required.