Our Purpose / Shared Vision
Our core belief at Saigon Star is that education should help children to develop a balance of academic achievement and personal qualities, that will support them as life-long learners and enable them to contribute in meaningful ways to our rapidly-changing, global society.
“Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
To be recognised externally as a leading IPC school.
These are the personal qualities and learning dispositions that we value and celebrate most in our school:
- Integrity – ‘We are honest and choose to do the right thing, even when no-one is watching.’
- Respect – ‘We value and treat others well, look after each others things and take care of our environment.’
- Curiosity (Enquiry) – ‘We have a hungry mind. We like to ask questions and find out more.’
- Deep-Thinking (Critical-Thinking) – ‘We think slowly and carefully about what to believe, or how to do the best we can.’
- Cooperation – ‘We learn and play together nicely, and show humility in our achievements.’
- Communication – ‘We listen to others, ask questions to check that we have understood and take turns to talk.’
- Resilience – ‘We never give up, even when something is difficult and we are tempted.’
- Adaptability – ‘We adjust to new and different situations easily.’
- International-Mindedness – ‘We think about the similarities and differences between our own lives and those of others.’