Our Shared Vision
Saigon Star is a school where every teacher and student is passionate about learning, where every member demonstrates a growth-mindset, an enquiring mind and a desire/passion to become the best they can be.
Our learners think deeply, think creatively and critically, and work conscientiously to achieve their goals, yet show humility in their achievements.
They demonstrate adaptability, a sense of fairness and a high degree of integrity in their decisions. They work and play cooperatively, demonstrate good communication skills, and show mindfulness and respect towards the world around them.
Our mission is to be an internationally minded school that continually strives for excellence.
It is our aim to consistently deliver highly-engaging, rigorous learning experiences within a safe, happy and stimulating environment, with high expectations, a high-level of parental involvement and a strong sense of school community at its heart.
We believe our vision and mission can be achieved by excelling in five key areas:
- Relationships & Communication
The things we value and/or celebrate most in our school:
- Integrity – ‘we are honest and make good choices between right and wrong’
- Respect – ‘we value and treat others well’
- Deep-Thinking / Critical-Thinking (KS2) – ‘we think carefully about how to do the best we can’
- Resilience – ‘we never give up, even when something is difficult and we are tempted to’
- Curiosity / Enquiry (KS2) – ‘we ask questions and try to find out more’
- Communication – ‘we listen to others, ask questions to check that we have understood and take turns to talk’
- Adaptability – ‘we adjust to new and different situations easily’
- Cooperation – ‘we learn and play together nicely’
- International-Mindedness – ‘we think about the similarities and differences between our own lives and those of others’