We deliver a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to all learners, one that gives learners the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to be successful in the 21st Century, whilst also aiming to develop essential personal skills.
For students aged 5-11, the 2014 National Curriculum for England is used to teach the core subjects English, Mathematics and Computing. Beyond this, class teachers use IPC topics to deliver subjects such as Geography, History, Art, Technology, Society and International. Topics can last anywhere between 2-10 weeks. Furthermore, as children enter Year 1, students are introduced to Modern Foreign Languages (French, Spanish, German) for the first time and also receive 2 hours of Music/Drama and PE per week. From age 7, students have weekly ukulele lessons also.
N.B. Weekly Vietnamese language classes are compulsory for all Vietnamese nationals aged 6+.
The Whole-School Curriculum also includes:
- Early-morning, mid-morning and lunchtime outdoor play
- Weekly class-building games & bi-weekly team-building games
- Weekly whole-school assemblies
- Weekly extra-curricular activities (upper primary)
- Discrete Computing lessons
- Termly House Days
- Termly School Trips
- Year 5/6 Outdoor & Adventurous Residential Trip
- Various World and other celebrations including: Class birthday parties, Mid-Autumn festival, Diwali, Halloween, Teacher’s Day, Internet Safety Day, World Book Day, Maths Day, Earth Day, Children’s Day
To read about the Early Years Curriculum, click here.